History of Fercho Cataract & Eye Clinic, Inc.
G.A. Larson, M.D. was an Eye, Ear Nose and Throat doctor who began practicing in Fargo in 1927. By 1956, Dr. Larson had limited his practice to eyes and was looking to expand his services. Calvin K. Fercho, M.D. was a Fargo native who had just completed his Ophthalmology residency at the University of Illinois. Dr. Fercho moved back to Fargo and joined Dr. Larson to form the Larson Fercho Clinic. Their office was initially in the Black building in downtown Fargo. In 1962, they moved their office to the White Drug building in downtown Fargo.

Dr. Larson retired from practice in 1965, and Gary Renier, O.D. joined the Fercho Cataract & Eye Clinic in 1969. The practice moved into the Professional Building in December 1970, where the practice is still located today.

Dr. Melicher, Dr. Grosz (Front) and Dr. RodenbikerThomas L. Hanson, M.D. joined the practice in July, 1983. Harold T. Rodenbiker, M.D. joined the practice in January of 1986. David E. Grosz, M.D. joined the practice in December 1991.

In December, 1992, Gary Renier, O.D. established his own independent practice, and Dr. Calvin K. Fercho retired. Doctors Grosz, Hanson, and Rodenbiker purchased the practice from Dr. Fercho, but kept the name “Fercho Cataract & Eye Clinic” which has become recognized as a symbol of excellence within the Fargo-Moorhead medical community and surrounding area. Paul R. Melicher, O.D. joined the practice in March of 1993. Dr. Thomas L. Hanson retired in June, 2007.

Over the years, tens of thousands of cataract surgeries have been performed on satisfied patients by our physicians at the Fercho Cataract & Eye Clinic, where we still continue to focus on excellence!

 
See also:


Heartland Healthcare Network

A member of the Heartland Healthcare Network

Copyright © 2006-15, Fercho Cataract & Eye Clinic, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Site designed by Krueger Digital

Home